Sunday 19 August 2012

Casimir Greenfield - Carpe Diem

As a writer, each moment is precious. We often grab a moment to the detriment of real life. Another phrase springs to mind: 'make hay while the sun shines...'.

Yesterday was a case in point. The sun was up, the sky was...well, grey for the most part, but for all intents and purposes it was...blue... So, moments were grabbed. Yes, there was the maiming incident (see yesterday's entry) but a beautiful day.

What didn't I get done, though. No, I'll begin with tasks achieved. Apart from the market finds, the glorious lunch and the maiming, I mowed the field at the back of the house, even clipped the borders, remembered to take off my grassy boots, finished off the Sunday supper, wrote a song and skyped one of our lads.

What didn't I do? I still have a frock to alter for a client, still have a website to upload for another, and I could have done all of that yesterday, but I would have missed the sun, the walk and the rest, because this morning we're back to soft and gentle rain (falling on my mowed field).

Time to upload the website and haul out the Singer.

Seize your day! I've got mine all sewn up...



No comments:

Post a Comment