Saturday 18 August 2012

Red House or Ruby Noone - only one can win!

Someone mentioned 'writer's block' the other day, and to be frank, I struggle with the concept. I have a problem keeping ideas out, let alone trying to come up with them.

So here I am with two books fighting to get out. One dark and brooding, a book where only one of the four protagonists will survive (and whether they would want to, I'm not quite sure - I think there is an apocalypse of sorts...)

The other, a thrilling roller coaster of a story with a young teenager at the heart.

Both books are fully formed, but they need their hard cold edit. I don't know which way to turn.They are both as enticing as one another to write. I can't decide.

Luckily I have my little vintage shop to run on some of the wall-to-wall days (weekends get very busy...) and cheesecake in Clevedon can be extraordinarily seductive, as can the mystic bookshops of Glastonbury.

So I've ended up writing lyrics for a concept album by a local saxophonist, plus a tone poem about locks and canals for a documentary.

Much is being written. Writer's block? I wish!




No comments:

Post a Comment