Thursday 6 September 2012

Casimir Greenfield - Expletives Revisited...

I'm quite a mild-mannered chap really. You might not think so if you read my books - some of the goings on have left my readers scared to meet me in the flesh. Listen - I'm a fiction writer! None of this stuff is real...

And then there is the language. Shocking actually. And it has worried me a little. I would like a broad audience for my work, but where do your draw the line in the sand?

Things are changing, though. Both books (Bloodstones and Slow Poison) have undergone some major editing (SP as I write) and as a consequence much of the really bad words have been excised  Sometimes the menace of the books can be shown in deed rather than in word. All the same, there are some fruity passages in there.

So - I have decided that I will be publishing the unexpurgated editions alongside the 'cleaner' PG versions. Watch this space!

That way, the choice will be up to you. A kind of booky bootleg for aficionados of the racier read.

Let me know what you think...do your worst - I don't bloody mind!

email me at: Casimir Greenfield Should Clean Up His Act!

No comments:

Post a Comment