Saturday 29 September 2012

Full Moon Musings

A Twist Of Time - Soothing The Savage Breast...


With the equinox behind us, an equal night and day, I enter my Libra month with a full moon rising.  Equilibrium is at a premium and I'm feeling a little unbalanced.

A week of changes. A series of pivotal moments. A shop finally closed down. An album released. New writings writ. New friendships forged.

Nothing in the G household stays the same for long.

The Indian summer has arrived and the touch of frost upon the field and the low sun hitting the sweet corn fields with gold light at dawn is an affirmation of the change in the seasons.

Mrs G and I are working flat out and sometimes around the clock to complete the new projects and  give ourselves time to breath on the brief free days. 

So, this is written in a little hiatus between serving the public and, well serving more of the public. A busy day in one's little vintage shop. Wall to wall and nothing bu cold coffee (always a good measure of the success of the day.)

Ella is playing in the shop as I come to a close and the last minute rush is threatening. 

I will choose something soothing for the journey homewards.

October beckons...


(Why oh why do I love Pierrot Lunaire by Schoenberg? I'm not sure I do. It is a piece tinged with madness and laced through with an unforgettable melancholy.)




No comments:

Post a Comment